When dealing with smaller subjects, tree trimming is a task which can be easily handled by the novice home owner. Though the project is one that is able to be done at any time of year, professionals suggest engaging in the activity in the early spring or late winter, as trees are dormant during this time. This will effectively cut back the number of overall sap result the stumps, thus allowing the tree to retain nutrients. In this article, we will run through a few choice techniques used to get the job done properly.
- Hard Hat
- Safety Glasses
- Pruning Shears
- Portable Buck Saw
- Rope Saw
- Pole Puner
- Lopping Shears
When it comes to pruning, there are a few basic approaches, each with their own specific purpose:
- Cleaning: Removal of dead, weak, or diseased branches from the crown
- Thinning: Removal of branches so as to permit for additional light-weight to penetrate, thus reducing the stress of heavier limbs, while encouraging the shape to remain the same.
- Reduction: Cutting limbs back so as to scale back the size, while making room for utility lines.
- Raising: Removal of branches that are lower in order to offer clearings for vehicles, pedestrians, buildings, and views.
- end up a spot roughly three inches from the collar of the branch and create your cut around 1/3 of the method through. In this method, you will prevent the limb from tearing through the collar and harming future growth when severed.
- Cut simply on the far side the primary slice and cut straight through the limb.
- create the ultimate traverse the remaining space of the branch, as close to the collar as you’re able, without causing damage to the collar itself.
In general, it’s not considered necessary to seal the stump left over after the trimming is completed. Nature tends to do a find job on its own. However, trees like birch, oak, and elm are rather fragile and prone to disease. In these cases, you will like better to use a non-asphalt sealer.
If you find yourself in a situation which you’ve assessed is well over your head, it may be time to call in a professional. Hiring help will not only keep you safe from unnecessary injury, but will also allow the job to be done correctly. Call your native trimming company to schedule a consultation and see what your on the market choices area unit.